Tuesday 3 November 2015

Project Aliens

Is this a stand up fight or just another bug hunt?

Xenomorphs
The Aliens movie scenario has been on my 'to do' list ever since I saw the film but never found the right miniatures to inspire me to do it justice. However, have been keeping an eye on the Prodos Games kick-starter project for a couple of years and at last their excellent 28mm Xenomorph figures are due to be released this week so I've pre-ordered a couple of boxes :
More to follow when they arrive!
(29/11/15 ) Two boxes of Warrior Aliens (finally) arrived yesterday but, as with the Marines figures, they've been put away for Christmas by the Memsahib so will have to wait another month. Managed to have a quick look at the contents of one box which contains the parts to make five warrior alien figures and they look very detailed and just like the xenomorphs from the film - brilliant!

The parts consist of five slightly different torsos with legs, separate heads, separate tails and separate arms so should be able to make ten individual looking figures. Can't wait to get some paint on them. 

The Sulaco
Next up was the scenario. Played a game of Alien Squad Leader many years ago and it was that sort of hidden-movement high-tension scenario I had in mind. I needed a deep space transport ship and as I'm a fan of papercraft terrain the obvious choice seemed to be to construct one from the base package available at WorldWorks Games:

I've planned out my ship using a simple Excel layout and now need to build it. The final build should be about 5' x 3' so plan to fix into four sections that can be reassembled for the game and interlocking to keep it together during play:


See separate post for the build.

Some Bad Hombres
With the aliens figures sorted I need to get some appropriate marines. Time to start searching :).

There are quite a lot of nice Aliens type space marine figures available in 28mm but these from denizen miniatures look just like I envisioned so an order duly placed.


The Marines have arrived! Nice figures but unfortunately they have been commandeered by the Elves and are to be re-delivered by Mr Claus at the appropriate time on Christmas day, so unfortunately I can't yet get my paws, or brushes, on them. C'est la guerre!



Other stuff
Discovered some lovely detailed alien eggs 28mm miniatures at Dark Art Miniatures


Two packs, that's 12 alien eggs, duly ordered. More on this when they arrive!
See Separate Post on painting them.



Rules 
Also need to start thinking about rules. I'm keen on simple one or max two A4 pages for rules and so normally write my own but based around published sets, taking the bits I like and adding any changes to give it the scenario flavour I want.
A good place to start are the free rule websites so will take a look around first. Therefore more to follow!











No comments:

Post a Comment